Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The publicity campaign against John Swallow has now been expanded to the impugning of House Speaker Becky Lockhart for her seeming lack of precognition. Though any results of the multiple investigations into Swallow's character and actions are probably weeks if not months away, the drum beat of accusations has been incessant. It causes one to wonder, who are the drummers and who is penning the score?
Is this a real search for truth or just a political witch hunt as Swallow claims? The constants of the drumming would seem to give credence to Swallow's view. Or could there be a deeper agenda at work? Is the real intent to serve Swallow's head on a platter, with the accompanying partisan advantage? Or could it be that the drummers are seeking to distract from, discredit and derail Utah's effort to gain control of our own public lands — An effort which the Legislature supported and which Swallow promised to pursue?
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Last year's Utah Compromise is a model in...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 55
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 47
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 34
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20