Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34