Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 48
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 38
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 25
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17