Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15