Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- Letter: No end in sight
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 34
- Letter: Not so lazy 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31