Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 42
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36