Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- President should not act without...
- In our opinion: No more 'Government Motors'
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Richard Davis: Mandela's greatest achievement...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 61
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 39
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 30
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 26
- President should not act without... 24