Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has proposed that funding for Obamacare be eliminated before raising the national debt to pay for financial obligations previously authorized by Congress. This proposal has been deemed reckless and irresponsible by most members of his party.
Sen. Lee has not proposed a viable alternative. Seemingly, he prefers the existing medical delivery and insurance options. The U.S. pays almost twice as much for medical services as does other comparable countries. We pay almost twice as much for medications. Most bankruptcies are reportedly due to medical bills.
Many families and individuals who have responsibly paid for medical insurance are denied insurance coverage during medical emergencies because of preexisting conditions or premium caps.
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- About Utah: Jen Seelig came to Utah and made...
- In our opinion: Six heroes for our values in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Our year-end...
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Robert Bennett: Finally, good possibilities...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- Letter: Access to health care 42
- John Florez: The people's voices don't... 39
- Letter: Distance from religion 35
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests... 32
- Letter: Sharing culpability 22
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions 21
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes... 15
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices... 14