, Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
I agree with Gary Burkholz's letter ("Front page decision," Aug 1) regarding coverage of the Days of '47 parade. For the first time in dozens of years, we were unable to view the parade first hand, but were happy for TV coverage. However, the coverage focused way too much on the crowd rather than the floats which had required not only thousands of dollars to construct, but untold hours of planning and labor — all volunteered. One float chairman said their float took a year to plan.
These wonderful floats should have been photographed thoroughly — front, back and sideways for our complete appreciation, not quickly passed over to see sideline crowds. We viewers were sorely disappointed.
Salt Lake City
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22