Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
A front page Deseret News story reported Aug. 1 that Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams is pushing the state prison relocation authority to move immediately to request bids.
Citizen respect for politicians would breathe renewed life if our elected officials would quit speaking without thinking. No responsible contractor would bid on a construction project that has not yet been defined and designed. What will it cost to build new buildings? Yeah, how long is a piece of string?
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29