Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
A front page Deseret News story reported Aug. 1 that Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams is pushing the state prison relocation authority to move immediately to request bids.
Citizen respect for politicians would breathe renewed life if our elected officials would quit speaking without thinking. No responsible contractor would bid on a construction project that has not yet been defined and designed. What will it cost to build new buildings? Yeah, how long is a piece of string?
Salt Lake City
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of measuring...
- In our opinion: Federal Reserve Bank faces...
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- Letter: Just one breadwinner
- Robert J. Samuelson: The power of Moore's Law...
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of... 38
- Letter: Next president? 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 34
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 28