Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
A front page Deseret News story reported Aug. 1 that Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams is pushing the state prison relocation authority to move immediately to request bids.
Citizen respect for politicians would breathe renewed life if our elected officials would quit speaking without thinking. No responsible contractor would bid on a construction project that has not yet been defined and designed. What will it cost to build new buildings? Yeah, how long is a piece of string?
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 64
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 22
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- In our opinion: Congressional Demos... 18