Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
A front page Deseret News story reported Aug. 1 that Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams is pushing the state prison relocation authority to move immediately to request bids.
Citizen respect for politicians would breathe renewed life if our elected officials would quit speaking without thinking. No responsible contractor would bid on a construction project that has not yet been defined and designed. What will it cost to build new buildings? Yeah, how long is a piece of string?
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26