Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
A front page Deseret News story reported Aug. 1 that Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams is pushing the state prison relocation authority to move immediately to request bids.
Citizen respect for politicians would breathe renewed life if our elected officials would quit speaking without thinking. No responsible contractor would bid on a construction project that has not yet been defined and designed. What will it cost to build new buildings? Yeah, how long is a piece of string?
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- Letter: Access to health care
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Prisons bring much positive change