TIME cover draws battle line between childless women and mothers
Birthrates are at an all time low, and many women are making the choice to not have children. TIME magazine brought attention to the new trend and went a step further by suggesting it is one way to "have it all." The cover story, "The Childfree Life: When having it all means not having kids," has drawn out women on both sides of the debate.
In Provo, two women from both sides of the issue sounded off. Alison Faulker is a stay-at-home mom with 2 children. She went to her blog to express her outrage over the article. "If you choose not to have a family, there are definitely things you're missing out on," she said.
Mandi Root and her husband also live in Provo. The couple has made the decision not to have children. "If you want to have everything that society says is great, then yeah, you probably shouldn't have kids."
- Arizona mom makes Halloween costumes a fun...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- The Clean Cut: 'Studio C' releases 3 'Hunger...
- Marvel Studios unveils next 11 movies, from...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Forget about feelings, real love is a...
- Marriage isn’t about romance
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 42
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 17
- West Jordan boy loses battle with... 15
- Marriage isn’t about romance 13
- Parental complaints result in racy... 11
- LDS couple with triplets expecting... 8
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love/hate... 6
- When parents are desensitized, what... 6