TIME cover draws battle line between childless women and mothers
Birthrates are at an all time low, and many women are making the choice to not have children. TIME magazine brought attention to the new trend and went a step further by suggesting it is one way to "have it all." The cover story, "The Childfree Life: When having it all means not having kids," has drawn out women on both sides of the debate.
In Provo, two women from both sides of the issue sounded off. Alison Faulker is a stay-at-home mom with 2 children. She went to her blog to express her outrage over the article. "If you choose not to have a family, there are definitely things you're missing out on," she said.
Mandi Root and her husband also live in Provo. The couple has made the decision not to have children. "If you want to have everything that society says is great, then yeah, you probably shouldn't have kids."
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- The Clean Cut: This ATM gives people much...
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is better...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 15
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Bills aim to bring marriage, family law... 4
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable... 4