Ravell Call, Deseret News
August has arrived, and soon thousands of high school athletes across the state of Utah will be representing their respective teams on the field of play.
Whether it's football or soccer in the fall, basketball or wrestling in the winter or track or softball in the spring, and all sports in between, there are plenty of top-flight talents who compete at Utah high schools all season long.
From up-and-coming sophomores to standout seniors, high school athletes display some of the best attributes of sports: heart, passion and determination.
Who are some of the top talents to pay attention to during the 2013-14 season?
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23