A new book called, "Zealot" is out that will probably make the bestseller list. A Muslim man has written about Christ and the book is peddled as objective history. In it he tells us that Christ may have been a prophet type and the Christian Gospels are not the actual words or life of Jesus but a "myth."
I am sure he is a good man and author, and he has good extensive notes and bibliography in the book. However, I would encourage people to wait until it comes out in the library to obtain it, as it really will pique the curiosity of many people making it a sensational must-read book.
That is fine, but we are a country founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs and most of us hold them sacred.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 29
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23