Deseret News, Jeffrey D. Allred
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz announced the team's eight-game 2013 preseason schedule on Thursday, one that includes three home games at EnergySolutions Arena.
In all, the Jazz will face the Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers and Portland Trail Blazers twice each during the preseason, and will also play Oklahoma City and Golden State.
Fans will get their first taste of the new-look Jazz in Salt Lake City when Utah opens the preseason at home against Golden State on Oct. 8. The Jazz close out the home portion of their schedule by hosting the Clippers on Oct. 12 and the Trail Blazers on Oct. 16.
The Jazz will also play the Trail Blazers at CenturyLink Arena in downtown Boise, Idaho, on Oct. 11 in a game hosted by the NBA Development League's Idaho Stampede. Located less than 350 miles from Salt Lake City, Boise has long had a strong Jazz fan base and has many ties to the Jazz organization. The game will mark the sixth time the Jazz have played a preseason game in Boise and eighth time in Idaho, having also played twice in Pocatello. The team also held training camps on the campus of Boise State University from 2005-09.
The preseason schedule wraps up with a four-game road trip that begins at Oklahoma City on Oct. 20 and then closes with three straight games in Southern California, with the Jazz facing the Lakers and Clippers on consecutive nights at Staples Center from Oct. 22-23, then seeing the Lakers again in Anaheim, Calif., on Oct. 25 in the preseason finale. This will be the fifth meeting in the last seven years between the Lakers and Jazz in Anaheim.
|Utah Jazz preseason schedule|
|Oct. 8||Golden State||Salt Lake City||7 p.m.|
|Oct. 11||Portland||Boise, Idaho||7 p.m.|
|Oct. 12||L.A. Clippers||Salt Lake City||7 p.m.|
|Oct. 16||Portland||Salt Lake City||7 p.m.|
|Oct. 20||Oklahoma City||Oklahoma City||5 p.m.|
|Oct. 22||L.A. Lakers||Los Angeles||8:30 p.m.|
|Oct. 23||L.A. Clippers||Los Angeles||8:30 p.m.|
|Oct. 25||L.A. Lakers||Anaheim||8 p.m.|
All Jazz preseason, regular-season and playoff games will be broadcast live on radio on 1280 The Zone (1280 AM/97.5 FM) and the Jazz Radio Network.
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 113
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 64
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 30
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 23
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8