Zions Bank Senior Recruiter, Chad Brown shares what he thinks makes a job interview successful. He considers the most important aspect of an interview is to remember is to make it a two-way conversation. Many people "don't prepare themselves to ask really good, viable questions to make the determination as to whether or not that's a good job for them. So interviewing really is a two way street," he says.
Further suggestions are to research the company and prepare questions to show you are not only interested, but knowledgeable about what they do and how they do business. Understanding the history and culture of the organization is important because it can make you stand out as one that would fit in well with other employees.
It is really critical to maintain a positive attitude. Chad says that "those people who are using their networks and even stopping by our office" are more likely to be selected because it's a way to "get your name and face in front of somebody in person."
- 30 Christmas gifts that keep on giving
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- 16 charitable activities you can do with your...
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on companies
- Why you might want guaranteed asset...
- Questions and answers about traveling to Cuba
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- Amazon does not have to pay workers for... 2
- 5 purchases you should never put on a... 1
- Why many millennials lack the money to... 1
- Constantly changing online prices stump... 1