Zions Bank Senior Recruiter, Chad Brown shares what he thinks makes a job interview successful. He considers the most important aspect of an interview is to remember is to make it a two-way conversation. Many people "don't prepare themselves to ask really good, viable questions to make the determination as to whether or not that's a good job for them. So interviewing really is a two way street," he says.
Further suggestions are to research the company and prepare questions to show you are not only interested, but knowledgeable about what they do and how they do business. Understanding the history and culture of the organization is important because it can make you stand out as one that would fit in well with other employees.
It is really critical to maintain a positive attitude. Chad says that "those people who are using their networks and even stopping by our office" are more likely to be selected because it's a way to "get your name and face in front of somebody in person."
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- 12 ways to get the lowest mortgage refinance...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- Dave Ramsey says: Saving for education trumps...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 10
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 4
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 3
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- 5 reasons not planning could help you... 1
- How are holiday shoppers spending their... 1