Zions Bank Senior Recruiter, Chad Brown shares what he thinks makes a job interview successful. He considers the most important aspect of an interview is to remember is to make it a two-way conversation. Many people "don't prepare themselves to ask really good, viable questions to make the determination as to whether or not that's a good job for them. So interviewing really is a two way street," he says.
Further suggestions are to research the company and prepare questions to show you are not only interested, but knowledgeable about what they do and how they do business. Understanding the history and culture of the organization is important because it can make you stand out as one that would fit in well with other employees.
It is really critical to maintain a positive attitude. Chad says that "those people who are using their networks and even stopping by our office" are more likely to be selected because it's a way to "get your name and face in front of somebody in person."
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- 10 closing costs you may not expect —...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 13
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Is preschool worth the money? 4