Zions Bank Senior Recruiter, Chad Brown shares what he thinks makes a job interview successful. He considers the most important aspect of an interview is to remember is to make it a two-way conversation. Many people "don't prepare themselves to ask really good, viable questions to make the determination as to whether or not that's a good job for them. So interviewing really is a two way street," he says.
Further suggestions are to research the company and prepare questions to show you are not only interested, but knowledgeable about what they do and how they do business. Understanding the history and culture of the organization is important because it can make you stand out as one that would fit in well with other employees.
It is really critical to maintain a positive attitude. Chad says that "those people who are using their networks and even stopping by our office" are more likely to be selected because it's a way to "get your name and face in front of somebody in person."
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 19
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4
- Financial interventions don't work 3
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Utah job forecast better than most states 2