I am responding to the Deseret News front page coverage of the Days of '47 Parade (July 25). Thousands of volunteer hours were spent on some of the elaborate floats in the parade. I would like to have seen a picture of the sweepstakes prize float, or any float, or a horse, or a motorcycle.
Instead we see a picture of Sam Allen and Luke Salisbury (who are they?) dancing with an armpit. Enough said.
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31