This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25