This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: FDA must consider regulating...
- Letter: Amnesty for who?
- In our opinion: In an entrepreneurial...
- Letter: Homework load is fine
- Letter: The ACA's 'Cadillac plans'
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The reality...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- Letter: Socialism, like salt 49
- There are no Frodos without Sams: The... 46
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 42
- George F. Will: Understanding our... 41
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 35
- My view: Immigration reform just makes... 33
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 29
- My view: Eliminating the root cause of... 28