This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30