This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move —...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30