This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- My view: Deeper look at Utah’s...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- My view: The best legislation meets all sides
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 152
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 75
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 36
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 29
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 29