This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 65
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 46
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 40
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23