This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21