This last weekend, Hunter Mahan, who was leading the Canadian Open Golf Tournament by two strokes, left the tournament to be with his wife who went into labor with their first child. He forfeited the chance to win a million dollars.
Phil Mickleson left valuable practice time before the U.S. Open this summer to be with his daughter for her eighth grade graduation. This may have cost him the chance to win, as he came in second for the sixth time.
How refreshing that these two professional athletes have their priorities straight and understand the value of the family. They are straight shooters in life as well as in golf.
Salt Lake City
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: More whites should practice... 24