What is wrong with our justice system?
After the 2010 murder of Ethan Stacy, the courts have determined Nathan Sloop can now stand trial. A three-year wait to determine if a man who confessed to killing his stepson can stand trial. If that's not enough, 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed by her neighbor in 2008, will now have her day in court. After five years of trying to bridge the language barrier and assorted other delays, the courts have finally set a trial for January 2014.
When do we start worrying about the rights of the victims and their families? So many years of the families trying to get justice just isn't right.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 44
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 16