What is wrong with our justice system?
After the 2010 murder of Ethan Stacy, the courts have determined Nathan Sloop can now stand trial. A three-year wait to determine if a man who confessed to killing his stepson can stand trial. If that's not enough, 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed by her neighbor in 2008, will now have her day in court. After five years of trying to bridge the language barrier and assorted other delays, the courts have finally set a trial for January 2014.
When do we start worrying about the rights of the victims and their families? So many years of the families trying to get justice just isn't right.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 30
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 29
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 28