What is wrong with our justice system?
After the 2010 murder of Ethan Stacy, the courts have determined Nathan Sloop can now stand trial. A three-year wait to determine if a man who confessed to killing his stepson can stand trial. If that's not enough, 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed by her neighbor in 2008, will now have her day in court. After five years of trying to bridge the language barrier and assorted other delays, the courts have finally set a trial for January 2014.
When do we start worrying about the rights of the victims and their families? So many years of the families trying to get justice just isn't right.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- In our opinion: Most Americans struggling to...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 80
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 47
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 43
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37