What is wrong with our justice system?
After the 2010 murder of Ethan Stacy, the courts have determined Nathan Sloop can now stand trial. A three-year wait to determine if a man who confessed to killing his stepson can stand trial. If that's not enough, 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed by her neighbor in 2008, will now have her day in court. After five years of trying to bridge the language barrier and assorted other delays, the courts have finally set a trial for January 2014.
When do we start worrying about the rights of the victims and their families? So many years of the families trying to get justice just isn't right.
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new, less...
- Jay Evensen: Why some mothers kill babies:...
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate
- Drew Clark: Meaning of 'thou shalt not kill'...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Long-term unemployment...
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in...
- In our opinion: Obamacare's 'success'... 88
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Why the... 54
- Charles Krauthammer: Defend the... 52
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 51
- Robert Bennett: Making our own spending... 40
- Letter: Money is not speech 36
- In our opinion: An immigration opportunity 31
- Letter: Disagreement vs. hate 29