What is wrong with our justice system?
After the 2010 murder of Ethan Stacy, the courts have determined Nathan Sloop can now stand trial. A three-year wait to determine if a man who confessed to killing his stepson can stand trial. If that's not enough, 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed by her neighbor in 2008, will now have her day in court. After five years of trying to bridge the language barrier and assorted other delays, the courts have finally set a trial for January 2014.
When do we start worrying about the rights of the victims and their families? So many years of the families trying to get justice just isn't right.
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 46
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24