What is wrong with our justice system?
After the 2010 murder of Ethan Stacy, the courts have determined Nathan Sloop can now stand trial. A three-year wait to determine if a man who confessed to killing his stepson can stand trial. If that's not enough, 7-year-old Hser Ner Moo, who was killed by her neighbor in 2008, will now have her day in court. After five years of trying to bridge the language barrier and assorted other delays, the courts have finally set a trial for January 2014.
When do we start worrying about the rights of the victims and their families? So many years of the families trying to get justice just isn't right.
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and Healthy...
- Letter: Medically fragile
- A. Scott Anderson: Healthy Utah is the...
- Michael Gerson: Christianity, grace...
- Jay Evensen: Don't turn prison relocation...
- Letter: Bear Lake driving
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront Islamic...
- Robert Bennett: Are Republican... 49
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Medically fragile 31
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- Allowing export of U.S. crude oil would... 22
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 22