I have paid close attention to the George Zimmerman trial and its aftermath and it seems to me the press and the some extremists are attempting to make this into a divisive racial issue, mostly of blacks against whites. If I am not mistaken the defendant here is of mixed race himself being part white and part Hispanic.
Why Al Sharpton, Juan Williams, President Obama and others keep trying to divide us against one another is beyond my ability to reason. Do they really want to create unrest between us? I can't remember any kind of demonstrations or outrage when OJ Simpson was acquitted in the murder of his white wife and her white friend.
Other than Zimmerman acting in self defense and Simpson being not guilty, could someone satisfactorily explain why the reaction to one be so different from the other?
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 40
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31