I have paid close attention to the George Zimmerman trial and its aftermath and it seems to me the press and the some extremists are attempting to make this into a divisive racial issue, mostly of blacks against whites. If I am not mistaken the defendant here is of mixed race himself being part white and part Hispanic.
Why Al Sharpton, Juan Williams, President Obama and others keep trying to divide us against one another is beyond my ability to reason. Do they really want to create unrest between us? I can't remember any kind of demonstrations or outrage when OJ Simpson was acquitted in the murder of his white wife and her white friend.
Other than Zimmerman acting in self defense and Simpson being not guilty, could someone satisfactorily explain why the reaction to one be so different from the other?
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 44
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 16