It was a thrill to read about William and Kate Windsor's newborn baby. The excitement of the whole world with this little baby was tangible.
However, as beautiful as the birth of this baby is, it does raise a few questions. Every minute, thousands of babies are born all over the world. Why are they not received with the same love and excitement as this "prince"? On Tuesday in Brazil, Pope Francis said that every aspect of society, children, middle aged, and the old, should be respected and loved, and that no section of society should be rejected.
Our country and the world would be so much stronger if every child would be welcomed as much as this one, and seen as a gift from God, precious in his sight and treated with love, respect and care.
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Letter: Welfare reform
- Legitimate, productive businesses are...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Becoming mentally...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Helping kids master what matters: Emotions,...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 80
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 54
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising... 53
- Capitalism and the common good:... 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- In our opinion: Federal contracting... 36