It was a thrill to read about William and Kate Windsor's newborn baby. The excitement of the whole world with this little baby was tangible.
However, as beautiful as the birth of this baby is, it does raise a few questions. Every minute, thousands of babies are born all over the world. Why are they not received with the same love and excitement as this "prince"? On Tuesday in Brazil, Pope Francis said that every aspect of society, children, middle aged, and the old, should be respected and loved, and that no section of society should be rejected.
Our country and the world would be so much stronger if every child would be welcomed as much as this one, and seen as a gift from God, precious in his sight and treated with love, respect and care.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17