It was a thrill to read about William and Kate Windsor's newborn baby. The excitement of the whole world with this little baby was tangible.
However, as beautiful as the birth of this baby is, it does raise a few questions. Every minute, thousands of babies are born all over the world. Why are they not received with the same love and excitement as this "prince"? On Tuesday in Brazil, Pope Francis said that every aspect of society, children, middle aged, and the old, should be respected and loved, and that no section of society should be rejected.
Our country and the world would be so much stronger if every child would be welcomed as much as this one, and seen as a gift from God, precious in his sight and treated with love, respect and care.
- In our opinion: Joy to the World — the...
- Jay Evensen: Fixing Salt Lake's Pioneer Park...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Prisons bring much positive change
- Richard Davis: The Christmas Truce of 1914...
- In our opinion: Un-merry 'PC' Christmas...
- Letter: Legislature's report card
- Letter: Utah's land grab
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 65
- Letter: Condoning torture 56
- In our opinion: Un-merry 'PC' Christmas... 51
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 37
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 31
- Letter: Utah's land grab 27
- Letter: Don't raise gas tax 25
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 22