The legendary Jazz power forward Karl Malone turned 50 years old yesterday, but his legacy is nowhere near forgotten.
Coinciding with his birthday, the NBA made a short video documentary feature on Malone's 19-year career.
In the video several notable players complimented the Mailman's ability to run the court like a small forward, but finish as a power forward. Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins said Malone revolutionized the power forward position.
Former Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said Malone improved each season due to his own work ethic and willingness to adapt his game.
The video provides a classic look at the Mailman and what he brought to the court in Utah.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23