HOUSTON — Former President George H.W. Bush has shaved his head to show solidarity for the sick child of a Secret Service agent.
A statement issued by a Bush spokesman Wednesday says the 89-year-old former president acted earlier this week at his summer home in Kennebunkport, Maine. That was after he saw members of his Secret Service detail with newly shaved heads to show support for the 2-year-old son of an agent. The child is undergoing treatment for leukemia and is losing his hair as a result.
The Bush spokesman identified the boy only as Patrick.
George and Barbara Bush lost their second child, 4-year-old Robin Bush, to leukemia almost 60 years ago.
The security detail has launched a website, www.patrickspals.org , to help with expenses associated with Patrick's treatment.
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 34
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14