Couple cancels news conference about Zimmerman's help after SUV crash
ORLANDO, Fla. — A husband and wife canceled a news conference in which they had planned to talk about how George Zimmerman assisted them after their SUV flipped over on a Florida highway.
Mark and Dana Gerstle had planned to speak Wednesday afternoon at the Orlando law office of Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.
But O'Mara spokesman Shawn Vincent says they changed their minds, deciding they didn't want to be in the spotlight.
Zimmerman and another man helped the couple and their two children out of a flipped SUV off the road near Interstate 4 last week. The family wasn't hurt.
It was the first time Zimmerman was seen publicly since he was acquitted on all charges earlier this month in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Follow Mike Schneider on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikeschneiderap
- 19 little-known facts about the Mission:...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- The one thing you may be giving your children...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Abortion supporters get help from federal...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Dozens of Clinton emails that traversed...
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs... 17
- Obama administration wants to give... 15
- The lie behind the idea that ‘sex... 15
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake... 14
- Obama to extend college Pell grants to... 12
- Sanders rallies supporters in... 11
- Clinton charity donors surge amid... 11