Couple cancels news conference about Zimmerman's help after SUV crash
ORLANDO, Fla. — A husband and wife canceled a news conference in which they had planned to talk about how George Zimmerman assisted them after their SUV flipped over on a Florida highway.
Mark and Dana Gerstle had planned to speak Wednesday afternoon at the Orlando law office of Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.
But O'Mara spokesman Shawn Vincent says they changed their minds, deciding they didn't want to be in the spotlight.
Zimmerman and another man helped the couple and their two children out of a flipped SUV off the road near Interstate 4 last week. The family wasn't hurt.
It was the first time Zimmerman was seen publicly since he was acquitted on all charges earlier this month in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Follow Mike Schneider on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikeschneiderap
- Photos: Celebrating 25 years of spectacular...
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big, new U....
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Native American actors walk off set of Adam...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Jaws meets kangaroo? Rare, cute pocket shark...
- 23 of the best Shakespearean insults to...
- Same-sex marriage opponents urge... 36
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 28
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 25
- Obama sounds alarm on climate damage in... 24
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 20
- Longtime Marco Rubio-Jeb Bush alliance... 13
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 12