Couple cancels news conference about Zimmerman's help after SUV crash
ORLANDO, Fla. — A husband and wife canceled a news conference in which they had planned to talk about how George Zimmerman assisted them after their SUV flipped over on a Florida highway.
Mark and Dana Gerstle had planned to speak Wednesday afternoon at the Orlando law office of Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.
But O'Mara spokesman Shawn Vincent says they changed their minds, deciding they didn't want to be in the spotlight.
Zimmerman and another man helped the couple and their two children out of a flipped SUV off the road near Interstate 4 last week. The family wasn't hurt.
It was the first time Zimmerman was seen publicly since he was acquitted on all charges earlier this month in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Follow Mike Schneider on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikeschneiderap
- Washington school gunman was homecoming...
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an...
- Suspect from Salt Lake City arrested in death...
- New York, New Jersey order Ebola quarantine...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- California orders churches, others to pay for...
- NYC police commissioner: Hatchet attack was...
- Ebola: More calls for travel bans or quarantines
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 117
- California orders churches, others to... 28
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 24
- Washington school gunman was homecoming... 13
- Chairman of Becket Fund for Religious... 13
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- For a waitress, sexual harassment is an... 9
- Guantanamo prisoners in protest over... 8