Couple cancels news conference about Zimmerman's help after SUV crash
ORLANDO, Fla. — A husband and wife canceled a news conference in which they had planned to talk about how George Zimmerman assisted them after their SUV flipped over on a Florida highway.
Mark and Dana Gerstle had planned to speak Wednesday afternoon at the Orlando law office of Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara.
But O'Mara spokesman Shawn Vincent says they changed their minds, deciding they didn't want to be in the spotlight.
Zimmerman and another man helped the couple and their two children out of a flipped SUV off the road near Interstate 4 last week. The family wasn't hurt.
It was the first time Zimmerman was seen publicly since he was acquitted on all charges earlier this month in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.
Follow Mike Schneider on Twitter: http://twitter.com/mikeschneiderap
- 50 things about 'The Sound of Music' to help...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan
- 11 Seussian quotations to celebrate Dr....
- What to expect from Costco's new deal with...
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli PM's...
- 34 of the best Lemony Snicket quotes
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Google selling wireless plans to get more...
- Utah assails Obama's Clean Power Plan 27
- FCC approves 'net neutrality' rules for... 26
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep... 24
- Democrats caught between Obama,... 16
- Kerry tries to dampen fuss over Israeli... 16
- Bill O'Reilly's partisan critics... 14
- 'Jihadi John' seen in beheading videos... 13
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on... 13