Marcio Jose Sanchez, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — Bronson Arroyo pitched a seven-hitter for his sixth career shutout, beating Tim Lincecum and the San Francisco Giants 11-0 Monday night for his first victory at AT&T Park and No. 100 with the Cincinnati Reds.
Arroyo (9-7) struck out six and didn't walk a batter in his 15th career complete game, a 108-pitch gem that ended in 2 hours, 45 minutes. Derrick Robinson ended it with a tough catch in deep center.
Devin Mesoraco and Shin-Soo Choo homered in the second inning off Lincecum, pitching for the first time since his no-hitter at San Diego.
Jay Bruce also hit a solo homer, Todd Frazier added a three-run double and Robinson, a late addition to the lineup, had three hits.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 93
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 77
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 53
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 39