Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Roberto Lopez hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the eighth to lead the Salt Lake Bees to a 7-6 victory over the Sacramento River Cats on Saturday night.
Sacramento went ahead 6-5 in the top of the eighth when Daric Barton ripped a two-run single to center field. Trent Oeltjen started Salt Lake's rally in the bottom of the inning with a one-out double.
Reliever Daniel Stange was the winning pitcher after throwing for 1 1/3 innings for the Bees. He improved his record to 4-0.
Efren Navarro hit a two-run single for Salt Lake in the bottom of the fifth to put the Bees ahead 4-3.
Oeltjen had three hits with two of them being doubles against Sacramento. Andrew Romine and Kole Calhoun each had two hits.
The two teams conclude their series tonight.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28