#Twitter Roundup: Stoppage-time goal lifts Sporting KC over Real Salt Lake
Rick Bowmer, AP
A goal by Sporting KC's Ike Opara in the seventh minute of stoppage time lifted KC to a 2-1 victory over Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday night.
Robbie Findley scored his fifth goal of the season in the 56th minute to give RSL the 1-0 lead. But after Chris Wingert's second yellow card put Real a man down in the 66th minute, Soony Saad scored for Sporting KC to tie the game.
In addition to the down-to-the-wire finish, another major storyline was the physicality of the game. In the first half, RSL received three yellow cards — Wingert in the third minute, Luis Gil in the 37th and Javier Morales in the 44th.
In the 55th minute, KC's Oriol Rossell was given a yellow card, and in the 71st minute, Lawrence Olum received one as well. The final yellow card was handed out to Sporting KC's Aurelien Collin in the 73rd minute.
Sporting KC finished with 12 shots on goal, compared to Real's seven. KC also had the edge in corner kicks with seven, compared to six for RSL.
Here's what Twitter users said about Saturday's game:
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22