#Twitter Roundup: Stoppage-time goal lifts Sporting KC over Real Salt Lake
Rick Bowmer, AP
A goal by Sporting KC's Ike Opara in the seventh minute of stoppage time lifted KC to a 2-1 victory over Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium Saturday night.
Robbie Findley scored his fifth goal of the season in the 56th minute to give RSL the 1-0 lead. But after Chris Wingert's second yellow card put Real a man down in the 66th minute, Soony Saad scored for Sporting KC to tie the game.
In addition to the down-to-the-wire finish, another major storyline was the physicality of the game. In the first half, RSL received three yellow cards — Wingert in the third minute, Luis Gil in the 37th and Javier Morales in the 44th.
In the 55th minute, KC's Oriol Rossell was given a yellow card, and in the 71st minute, Lawrence Olum received one as well. The final yellow card was handed out to Sporting KC's Aurelien Collin in the 73rd minute.
Sporting KC finished with 12 shots on goal, compared to Real's seven. KC also had the edge in corner kicks with seven, compared to six for RSL.
Here's what Twitter users said about Saturday's game:
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave Rose's...
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 49
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 43
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 41
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 33