I just heard on the news that Detroit has just become the largest U.S. municipality to ever declare bankruptcy.
Detroit used to be a vibrant, thriving automobile and industrial center. It seems like George Romney was governor at the time.
Now, Detroit (and much of the entire state of Michigan) has become the bailout, handout and unemployment capital of America — not to mention being a center of rampant corruption and crime.
I couldn't help but think of how Detroit and Michigan had recently voted against George Romney's son, Mitt, in the 2012 presidential election. I guess Detroit and Michigan are now reaping what they have sewn.
The weak enslave themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24