I just heard on the news that Detroit has just become the largest U.S. municipality to ever declare bankruptcy.
Detroit used to be a vibrant, thriving automobile and industrial center. It seems like George Romney was governor at the time.
Now, Detroit (and much of the entire state of Michigan) has become the bailout, handout and unemployment capital of America — not to mention being a center of rampant corruption and crime.
I couldn't help but think of how Detroit and Michigan had recently voted against George Romney's son, Mitt, in the 2012 presidential election. I guess Detroit and Michigan are now reaping what they have sewn.
The weak enslave themselves.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37