I just heard on the news that Detroit has just become the largest U.S. municipality to ever declare bankruptcy.
Detroit used to be a vibrant, thriving automobile and industrial center. It seems like George Romney was governor at the time.
Now, Detroit (and much of the entire state of Michigan) has become the bailout, handout and unemployment capital of America — not to mention being a center of rampant corruption and crime.
I couldn't help but think of how Detroit and Michigan had recently voted against George Romney's son, Mitt, in the 2012 presidential election. I guess Detroit and Michigan are now reaping what they have sewn.
The weak enslave themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological...
- M. Zuhdi Jasser: The fifth commandment is...
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- Jay Evensen: In predicting the future, we...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Letter: Right and wrong 97
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 69
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 54
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 38
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28