I just heard on the news that Detroit has just become the largest U.S. municipality to ever declare bankruptcy.
Detroit used to be a vibrant, thriving automobile and industrial center. It seems like George Romney was governor at the time.
Now, Detroit (and much of the entire state of Michigan) has become the bailout, handout and unemployment capital of America — not to mention being a center of rampant corruption and crime.
I couldn't help but think of how Detroit and Michigan had recently voted against George Romney's son, Mitt, in the 2012 presidential election. I guess Detroit and Michigan are now reaping what they have sewn.
The weak enslave themselves.
Salt Lake City
- Letter: Act with love, not fear
- In our opinion: Utah is abundantly richer for...
- Derek B. Miller: Stop playing politics with...
- Michael Gerson: The Trump effect on the GOP...
- My view: Bring back the blacksmith: A case...
- Doug Robinson: The Iron Lady of Utah
- Letter: The truly needy
- Letter: Board member resignation