I just heard on the news that Detroit has just become the largest U.S. municipality to ever declare bankruptcy.
Detroit used to be a vibrant, thriving automobile and industrial center. It seems like George Romney was governor at the time.
Now, Detroit (and much of the entire state of Michigan) has become the bailout, handout and unemployment capital of America — not to mention being a center of rampant corruption and crime.
I couldn't help but think of how Detroit and Michigan had recently voted against George Romney's son, Mitt, in the 2012 presidential election. I guess Detroit and Michigan are now reaping what they have sewn.
The weak enslave themselves.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 29