I just heard on the news that Detroit has just become the largest U.S. municipality to ever declare bankruptcy.
Detroit used to be a vibrant, thriving automobile and industrial center. It seems like George Romney was governor at the time.
Now, Detroit (and much of the entire state of Michigan) has become the bailout, handout and unemployment capital of America — not to mention being a center of rampant corruption and crime.
I couldn't help but think of how Detroit and Michigan had recently voted against George Romney's son, Mitt, in the 2012 presidential election. I guess Detroit and Michigan are now reaping what they have sewn.
The weak enslave themselves.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: They run toward danger
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: National security and... 65
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 39
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13