"It's nice because people have very specific questions about what you've worked on," said Oswalt. "Because they're very passionate about it, and you're very passionate about it, it's a much better conversation than with someone who has to do 20 interviews in one day."
On the video game front, Warner Bros. will be showing off the interactive Dark Knight prequel "Batman: Arkham Origins" and Sony is inviting the public to test out the upcoming PlayStation 4 console for the first time. "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone will chat about their game, "South Park: The Stick of Truth," at a panel.
Despite the continued influence of other mediums, there will still be plenty of actual comics at Comic-Con. Neil Gaiman will discuss returning to his seminal "The Sandman" series, and this year's convention will mark the 75th anniversary of the Man of Steel with several versions of Superman costumes from film and TV on display on the show floor.
DC Entertainment publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee will again face fans' queries during a panel. This year's Comic-Con marks the 26th convention for Lee, who will be showing off "Justice League"-themed cars that he designed parked across from the convention center at Petco Park. The super-rides will be auctioned off for charity.
"It's both an exhausting and re-energizing event," said Lee. "You do the panels, the press, and you interact with fans. Once you walk out of Comic-Con, you're completely exhausted because you've been going non-stop until three in the morning every night, but you're also super-excited about the art form and the business."
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang.
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- 'Mockingjay, Part 1' opens with $123 million
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 14