I wonder if we could divide online commentary on articles into sympathetic and unsympathetic sections.
I especially enjoy reading Daniel Peterson's articles, and it would be fun to actually discuss some of his ideas with others who are trying to build on his ideas. Unfortunately, his articles are a magnet for those in the gall of bitterness, and they dominate the comments section.
I believe in free speech. An unsympathetic category would allow for free speech, but I am tired of wading through worn out criticisms in the comments section.
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30