I wonder if we could divide online commentary on articles into sympathetic and unsympathetic sections.
I especially enjoy reading Daniel Peterson's articles, and it would be fun to actually discuss some of his ideas with others who are trying to build on his ideas. Unfortunately, his articles are a magnet for those in the gall of bitterness, and they dominate the comments section.
I believe in free speech. An unsympathetic category would allow for free speech, but I am tired of wading through worn out criticisms in the comments section.
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25