Last Monday, author and political activist Mark Dice released a video on YouTube in which he pretends to be sponsoring a petition to support Obama and repeal the Bill of Rights. The depressing part? He successfully persuades many California beachgoers to gladly sign the petition.
Dices background is somewhat controversial and he doesn't reveal how many people signed or refused to sign the petition, but the fact that many would agree to sign the petition is surprising.
While its true that some people will sign anything on a clipboard, people signing a petition to repeal one of Americas most foundational documents makes heads turn.
Back in March, DeseretNews.com compiled a list of serious and silly White House petitions. Here is an additional list of 12 petitions that you won't believe.
Disclaimer: All wording in the proposed petitions is exactly how it appeared on WhiteHouse.gov.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 15
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14