As a proud People who Eat The Animals supporter, I take issue with Colleen Hatfield ("PETA's job" July 3). She states that PETA's job is to "push the envelope." That's merely propoganda for in-your-face criticism of meat eaters and those that wear animal products. Gentle persuation is not part of their playbook, nor is minding their own business.
There is enough trouble and strife to go around. PETA need not add to it by attacking the vast majority of the human race who eat and live as humans always have, since time out of mind.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 115
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 41
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36