As a proud People who Eat The Animals supporter, I take issue with Colleen Hatfield ("PETA's job" July 3). She states that PETA's job is to "push the envelope." That's merely propoganda for in-your-face criticism of meat eaters and those that wear animal products. Gentle persuation is not part of their playbook, nor is minding their own business.
There is enough trouble and strife to go around. PETA need not add to it by attacking the vast majority of the human race who eat and live as humans always have, since time out of mind.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Greg Bell: It's time to raise the gas tax
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 67
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 45
- Letter: Acting on immigration 43
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26