As a proud People who Eat The Animals supporter, I take issue with Colleen Hatfield ("PETA's job" July 3). She states that PETA's job is to "push the envelope." That's merely propoganda for in-your-face criticism of meat eaters and those that wear animal products. Gentle persuation is not part of their playbook, nor is minding their own business.
There is enough trouble and strife to go around. PETA need not add to it by attacking the vast majority of the human race who eat and live as humans always have, since time out of mind.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19