COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Salt Lake scored six runs over the last two innings as the Bees rallied for a 7-5 win over the Colorado Springs Sky Sox on Friday night.
Salt Lake managed just one run on three hits in the first seven innings and trailed 4-1.
Andrew Romine drew a leadoff walk in the eighth for the Bees. Romine would move to third on a double by Kole Calhoun and both would score on a double to left center by Efren Navarro. Luis Rodriguez would then bring home Navarro with the tying run on a single to center.
With one out in the top of the ninth, Tommy Field singled and Romine walked to put runners at first and second. Calhoun singled in Field with the go ahead run on a grounder off of the glove of the diving shortstop Reid Brignac. One out later, Rodriguez would deliver a two run single to make it 7-4.
Ryan Brasier (5-2) pitched the last two innings for the win, although with two outs and the bases empty, the Sky Sox put together three straight hits and pulled to within two runs before he struck out Greg Golson to end the game.
Rodriguez led the Bees with three hits and three RBIs, while Calhoun added three hits as Salt Lake has won the first two games of the series.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 37