If we want to hold any hope for saving our republic from self destruction, we must enact legislation that prohibits those receiving public welfare assistance from voting.
It is a total conflict of interest that allows the ones receiving a government dole to vote for the ones who determine who gets it. This doesn't work.
All the unscrupulous politicians have to do is get at least half the population on unearned entitlements and/or tax exemptions, and they are guaranteed power forever. Unfortunately, we are just about there, if not already. Anyone can see this is an irreversible situation, which will ultimately collapse. We must call on our legislators to use a common-sense approach to this very serious problem and change the voting laws.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 80
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 47
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 43
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 43
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37