If we want to hold any hope for saving our republic from self destruction, we must enact legislation that prohibits those receiving public welfare assistance from voting.
It is a total conflict of interest that allows the ones receiving a government dole to vote for the ones who determine who gets it. This doesn't work.
All the unscrupulous politicians have to do is get at least half the population on unearned entitlements and/or tax exemptions, and they are guaranteed power forever. Unfortunately, we are just about there, if not already. Anyone can see this is an irreversible situation, which will ultimately collapse. We must call on our legislators to use a common-sense approach to this very serious problem and change the voting laws.
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- In our opinion: National security and... 57
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 30
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 13