If we want to hold any hope for saving our republic from self destruction, we must enact legislation that prohibits those receiving public welfare assistance from voting.
It is a total conflict of interest that allows the ones receiving a government dole to vote for the ones who determine who gets it. This doesn't work.
All the unscrupulous politicians have to do is get at least half the population on unearned entitlements and/or tax exemptions, and they are guaranteed power forever. Unfortunately, we are just about there, if not already. Anyone can see this is an irreversible situation, which will ultimately collapse. We must call on our legislators to use a common-sense approach to this very serious problem and change the voting laws.
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Jay Evensen: U2's 'free' album highlights...
- Letter: My sons
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: Moral decline 88
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 65
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 55
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial... 25