If we want to hold any hope for saving our republic from self destruction, we must enact legislation that prohibits those receiving public welfare assistance from voting.
It is a total conflict of interest that allows the ones receiving a government dole to vote for the ones who determine who gets it. This doesn't work.
All the unscrupulous politicians have to do is get at least half the population on unearned entitlements and/or tax exemptions, and they are guaranteed power forever. Unfortunately, we are just about there, if not already. Anyone can see this is an irreversible situation, which will ultimately collapse. We must call on our legislators to use a common-sense approach to this very serious problem and change the voting laws.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 26
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25