If we want to hold any hope for saving our republic from self destruction, we must enact legislation that prohibits those receiving public welfare assistance from voting.
It is a total conflict of interest that allows the ones receiving a government dole to vote for the ones who determine who gets it. This doesn't work.
All the unscrupulous politicians have to do is get at least half the population on unearned entitlements and/or tax exemptions, and they are guaranteed power forever. Unfortunately, we are just about there, if not already. Anyone can see this is an irreversible situation, which will ultimately collapse. We must call on our legislators to use a common-sense approach to this very serious problem and change the voting laws.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- Letter: Singles solution
- John Hoffmire: To feed the world, we must...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 41
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 24
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19