If we want to hold any hope for saving our republic from self destruction, we must enact legislation that prohibits those receiving public welfare assistance from voting.
It is a total conflict of interest that allows the ones receiving a government dole to vote for the ones who determine who gets it. This doesn't work.
All the unscrupulous politicians have to do is get at least half the population on unearned entitlements and/or tax exemptions, and they are guaranteed power forever. Unfortunately, we are just about there, if not already. Anyone can see this is an irreversible situation, which will ultimately collapse. We must call on our legislators to use a common-sense approach to this very serious problem and change the voting laws.
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- In our opinion: The lesson of international...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Charles Krauthammer: The 'establishment'...
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 16
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 16
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Letter: How to improve our air 12
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 12
- Jay Evensen: Drought, political insults... 10