I was very interested in reading the article in Sunday's paper about pornography ("Ubiquitous assailant," July 7). The dangers and destruction of pornography have been clearly identified for many years by the medical community, also by people suffering from the effects of that addiction, or the effects of being married to some who has that addiction.
So it was a huge surprise to me that the adult entertainment industry can hold an expo in Las Vegas to promote their smut and destructive material to the world. How is that any different than drug dealers setting up an expo and letting people sample heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and other drugs that destroy a person, their brain and also others around them?
I don't see any difference. The effects of each of these industries ruin life and cause crime and violence. Why are not both industries illegal? What a sad state for our society, that we have become so used to turning a blind eye to what is happening around us.
North Salt Lake
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- My view: Marriage and social justice go... 98
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 86
- In our opinion: Religious freedom... 52
- In our opinion: It's time to scrutinize... 50
- Letter: Gun control 50
- Letter: Obama fans? 43
- Faith, family and freedom join to... 25