I was very interested in reading the article in Sunday's paper about pornography ("Ubiquitous assailant," July 7). The dangers and destruction of pornography have been clearly identified for many years by the medical community, also by people suffering from the effects of that addiction, or the effects of being married to some who has that addiction.
So it was a huge surprise to me that the adult entertainment industry can hold an expo in Las Vegas to promote their smut and destructive material to the world. How is that any different than drug dealers setting up an expo and letting people sample heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and other drugs that destroy a person, their brain and also others around them?
I don't see any difference. The effects of each of these industries ruin life and cause crime and violence. Why are not both industries illegal? What a sad state for our society, that we have become so used to turning a blind eye to what is happening around us.
North Salt Lake
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18