Thank you to President Barack Obama for courageously unveiling a bold Climate Action Plan — at a time when we are faced with unprecedented drought, heat waves, floods and superstorms. Thank you for being a leader and recognizing that American families cannot afford to bear the financial, health and human costs that climate change continues to bring.
It is heartening to see our president stand up, demonstrating that he understands the science behind climate change; seizing the great opportunity to create new American jobs and more prosperous communities, while promoting cleaner air and healthier water. As President Obama expressed, "There is no contradiction between a sound environment and a strong economy."
Why, then, does our very own Gov. Gary Herbert support excessively dirty energy sources like tar sands and oil shale? This is not only environmentally short-sighted, but will also be disastrous for Utah's long-term economic prosperity.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17