Politicians react to the immigration bill in Congress
On June 27, by a bipartisan vote of 68-32, the Senate passed a bill reshaping immigration law in the U.S. In what many are calling historic legislation, the bill's major provisions covered topics from border security and employment verification to pathways to citizenship.
This week starts the second phase for the immigration bill as the debate will now enter the House of Representatives.
The future of this bill and immigration law is uncertain as many speculate about what will happen in the House.
Here is a collection of comments and tweets about the immigration bill from politicians on both sides of the aisle.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25