Politicians react to the immigration bill in Congress
On June 27, by a bipartisan vote of 68-32, the Senate passed a bill reshaping immigration law in the U.S. In what many are calling historic legislation, the bill's major provisions covered topics from border security and employment verification to pathways to citizenship.
This week starts the second phase for the immigration bill as the debate will now enter the House of Representatives.
The future of this bill and immigration law is uncertain as many speculate about what will happen in the House.
Here is a collection of comments and tweets about the immigration bill from politicians on both sides of the aisle.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Letter: Police brutality
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 56
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 27
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 25
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23