Politicians react to the immigration bill in Congress
On June 27, by a bipartisan vote of 68-32, the Senate passed a bill reshaping immigration law in the U.S. In what many are calling historic legislation, the bill's major provisions covered topics from border security and employment verification to pathways to citizenship.
This week starts the second phase for the immigration bill as the debate will now enter the House of Representatives.
The future of this bill and immigration law is uncertain as many speculate about what will happen in the House.
Here is a collection of comments and tweets about the immigration bill from politicians on both sides of the aisle.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 41
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 29
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 29
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 26
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22