Letter: Despite its liberal views of gun control, Hollywood still produces violent films
Peter Mountain, Associated Press
I think most would agree Hollywood is a liberal stronghold, and they are definitely on the gun control bandwagon.
Shouldn't we find it surprising, then, that a historically family-friendly company like Disney would produce the kind of movies they are producing now? The Lone Ranger is rated PG-13 and is incredibly violent.
In a world where most are supposedly tired of violence and hatred, why would society support a movie like this? Go ahead society, put your two-face on and go enjoy your pseudo violence — it can't possibly have any ill affect on us, right?
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 17