Letter: Despite its liberal views of gun control, Hollywood still produces violent films
Peter Mountain, Associated Press
I think most would agree Hollywood is a liberal stronghold, and they are definitely on the gun control bandwagon.
Shouldn't we find it surprising, then, that a historically family-friendly company like Disney would produce the kind of movies they are producing now? The Lone Ranger is rated PG-13 and is incredibly violent.
In a world where most are supposedly tired of violence and hatred, why would society support a movie like this? Go ahead society, put your two-face on and go enjoy your pseudo violence — it can't possibly have any ill affect on us, right?
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31