Letter: Despite its liberal views of gun control, Hollywood still produces violent films
Peter Mountain, Associated Press
I think most would agree Hollywood is a liberal stronghold, and they are definitely on the gun control bandwagon.
Shouldn't we find it surprising, then, that a historically family-friendly company like Disney would produce the kind of movies they are producing now? The Lone Ranger is rated PG-13 and is incredibly violent.
In a world where most are supposedly tired of violence and hatred, why would society support a movie like this? Go ahead society, put your two-face on and go enjoy your pseudo violence — it can't possibly have any ill affect on us, right?
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee as...
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is...
- Letter: Keep money in Draper
- Letter: Veneer of patriotism
- My view: Yes, Iran jails people for their...
- My view: Utah needs Congress to act on...
- Jay Evensen: In a smart-car future, what...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 65
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 19
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18