Letter: Despite its liberal views of gun control, Hollywood still produces violent films
Peter Mountain, Associated Press
I think most would agree Hollywood is a liberal stronghold, and they are definitely on the gun control bandwagon.
Shouldn't we find it surprising, then, that a historically family-friendly company like Disney would produce the kind of movies they are producing now? The Lone Ranger is rated PG-13 and is incredibly violent.
In a world where most are supposedly tired of violence and hatred, why would society support a movie like this? Go ahead society, put your two-face on and go enjoy your pseudo violence — it can't possibly have any ill affect on us, right?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 38
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 26
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 25
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22
- My view: Drafting women a threat to... 17