Letter: Despite its liberal views of gun control, Hollywood still produces violent films
Peter Mountain, Associated Press
I think most would agree Hollywood is a liberal stronghold, and they are definitely on the gun control bandwagon.
Shouldn't we find it surprising, then, that a historically family-friendly company like Disney would produce the kind of movies they are producing now? The Lone Ranger is rated PG-13 and is incredibly violent.
In a world where most are supposedly tired of violence and hatred, why would society support a movie like this? Go ahead society, put your two-face on and go enjoy your pseudo violence — it can't possibly have any ill affect on us, right?
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- In our opinion: Think twice before venting...
- Letter: Romancing the gun