Letter: Despite its liberal views of gun control, Hollywood still produces violent films
Peter Mountain, Associated Press
I think most would agree Hollywood is a liberal stronghold, and they are definitely on the gun control bandwagon.
Shouldn't we find it surprising, then, that a historically family-friendly company like Disney would produce the kind of movies they are producing now? The Lone Ranger is rated PG-13 and is incredibly violent.
In a world where most are supposedly tired of violence and hatred, why would society support a movie like this? Go ahead society, put your two-face on and go enjoy your pseudo violence — it can't possibly have any ill affect on us, right?
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 35
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 34
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21