Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's unique caucus system is not "archaic," as claimed in the July 2 editorial ("More inclusive?").
In fact, it is a great system for empowering those who really care enough about good government to attend and have their voices heard. Those who do not attend are voicing their civic irresponsibility, as loudly proclaimed by Utah's low voter turnout.
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21
- Letter: A 'dying' document 20