Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's unique caucus system is not "archaic," as claimed in the July 2 editorial ("More inclusive?").
In fact, it is a great system for empowering those who really care enough about good government to attend and have their voices heard. Those who do not attend are voicing their civic irresponsibility, as loudly proclaimed by Utah's low voter turnout.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 65
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 34
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 32
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 26
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 18