Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's unique caucus system is not "archaic," as claimed in the July 2 editorial ("More inclusive?").
In fact, it is a great system for empowering those who really care enough about good government to attend and have their voices heard. Those who do not attend are voicing their civic irresponsibility, as loudly proclaimed by Utah's low voter turnout.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 41
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 27
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20