Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's unique caucus system is not "archaic," as claimed in the July 2 editorial ("More inclusive?").
In fact, it is a great system for empowering those who really care enough about good government to attend and have their voices heard. Those who do not attend are voicing their civic irresponsibility, as loudly proclaimed by Utah's low voter turnout.
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Socratic observations — Society cannot...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- Letter: Moral decline 81
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 48
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28