Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's unique caucus system is not "archaic," as claimed in the July 2 editorial ("More inclusive?").
In fact, it is a great system for empowering those who really care enough about good government to attend and have their voices heard. Those who do not attend are voicing their civic irresponsibility, as loudly proclaimed by Utah's low voter turnout.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 58
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 49
- Letter: Doctors unite 38
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 23
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 19