Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Utah's unique caucus system is not "archaic," as claimed in the July 2 editorial ("More inclusive?").
In fact, it is a great system for empowering those who really care enough about good government to attend and have their voices heard. Those who do not attend are voicing their civic irresponsibility, as loudly proclaimed by Utah's low voter turnout.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Fredric Rolando: U.S. Postal Service still...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 57
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 24
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21