Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — Roberto Lopez belted a two-run homer in the ninth inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a 6-4 win over the Reno Aces on Wednesday night.
Trent Oeltjen led off the ninth with a walk. Luke Carlin bunted him over to second base before Lopez drilled a 3-2 pitch from Kevin Munson over the left-field wall to put the Bees in front.
Ryan Brasier came on and worked a three up, three down ninth to earn his 10th save of the season.
Salt Lake grabbed a 3-0 lead in the first inning on a lead-off home run by Tommy Field and a two-run double by Trent Oeltjen. Reno came back to take the lead on a pair of two-run homers by Matt Davidson, one in the first and one in the fourth.
Mike Ekstrom (2-2) pitched a 1-2-3 eighth inning and earned the win.
Field reached base in all five of his plate appearances with three hits and two walks. Oeltjen added two hits and two runs batted in, while Efren Navarro and Luis Rodriguez chipped in with two hits each.
With his two hits, Navarro extended his hitting streak to eleven games. Salt Lake closes out their longest road trip of the season with a 6-5 record.
OREM 13, IDAHO FALLS 10: At Orem, Jose Rondon and Cal Towley each had three RBIs as the Owlz prevailed in a slugfest.
OGDEN 10, GRAND JUNCTION 8, 11 INNINGS: At Grand Junction, Colo., Spencer Navin hit a two-run double in the 11th to lift the Raptors over the Rockies.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37