Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — Roberto Lopez belted a two-run homer in the ninth inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a 6-4 win over the Reno Aces on Wednesday night.
Trent Oeltjen led off the ninth with a walk. Luke Carlin bunted him over to second base before Lopez drilled a 3-2 pitch from Kevin Munson over the left-field wall to put the Bees in front.
Ryan Brasier came on and worked a three up, three down ninth to earn his 10th save of the season.
Salt Lake grabbed a 3-0 lead in the first inning on a lead-off home run by Tommy Field and a two-run double by Trent Oeltjen. Reno came back to take the lead on a pair of two-run homers by Matt Davidson, one in the first and one in the fourth.
Mike Ekstrom (2-2) pitched a 1-2-3 eighth inning and earned the win.
Field reached base in all five of his plate appearances with three hits and two walks. Oeltjen added two hits and two runs batted in, while Efren Navarro and Luis Rodriguez chipped in with two hits each.
With his two hits, Navarro extended his hitting streak to eleven games. Salt Lake closes out their longest road trip of the season with a 6-5 record.
OREM 13, IDAHO FALLS 10: At Orem, Jose Rondon and Cal Towley each had three RBIs as the Owlz prevailed in a slugfest.
OGDEN 10, GRAND JUNCTION 8, 11 INNINGS: At Grand Junction, Colo., Spencer Navin hit a two-run double in the 11th to lift the Raptors over the Rockies.
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for BYU; 10...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- A tale of two Hills at quarterback for BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Credit BYU's Rose for...
- It was historic weekend for BYU basketball...
- Monarchs announce new stadium proposal in...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 110
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 83
- Discipline a focus of spring ball for... 71
- Holmoe assesses the state of the... 51
- Mike Sorensen: How about a Utah-BYU... 44
- About Utah: Replace the prison with the... 41
- Morning links: Is BYU now in the... 40
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting,... 37