Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — Roberto Lopez belted a two-run homer in the ninth inning to give the Salt Lake Bees a 6-4 win over the Reno Aces on Wednesday night.
Trent Oeltjen led off the ninth with a walk. Luke Carlin bunted him over to second base before Lopez drilled a 3-2 pitch from Kevin Munson over the left-field wall to put the Bees in front.
Ryan Brasier came on and worked a three up, three down ninth to earn his 10th save of the season.
Salt Lake grabbed a 3-0 lead in the first inning on a lead-off home run by Tommy Field and a two-run double by Trent Oeltjen. Reno came back to take the lead on a pair of two-run homers by Matt Davidson, one in the first and one in the fourth.
Mike Ekstrom (2-2) pitched a 1-2-3 eighth inning and earned the win.
Field reached base in all five of his plate appearances with three hits and two walks. Oeltjen added two hits and two runs batted in, while Efren Navarro and Luis Rodriguez chipped in with two hits each.
With his two hits, Navarro extended his hitting streak to eleven games. Salt Lake closes out their longest road trip of the season with a 6-5 record.
OREM 13, IDAHO FALLS 10: At Orem, Jose Rondon and Cal Towley each had three RBIs as the Owlz prevailed in a slugfest.
OGDEN 10, GRAND JUNCTION 8, 11 INNINGS: At Grand Junction, Colo., Spencer Navin hit a two-run double in the 11th to lift the Raptors over the Rockies.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34