Today we celebrate the birth of the United States, while the Senate has passed an immigration reform bill and the House is working on their own version.
Well our nation was founded by Illegal aliens. Did the pilgrims in Plymouth Bay and the settlers in Jamestown get permission to come here? What about the Dutch in New York and New Jersey, The Spanish in St. Augustine Florida or the French in Louisiana or any other European nation settling here?
Instead we repeatedly fought them and sent them to live on reservations. Even the Cherokee who had a written language and were farmers were moved against their own will.
We claim to be a Christian nation, but have not the charity as mentioned in the Bible. Let us treat them as we would like to be treated ourselves. Do we still believe in the words on the Statue of Liberty?
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38