Today we celebrate the birth of the United States, while the Senate has passed an immigration reform bill and the House is working on their own version.
Well our nation was founded by Illegal aliens. Did the pilgrims in Plymouth Bay and the settlers in Jamestown get permission to come here? What about the Dutch in New York and New Jersey, The Spanish in St. Augustine Florida or the French in Louisiana or any other European nation settling here?
Instead we repeatedly fought them and sent them to live on reservations. Even the Cherokee who had a written language and were farmers were moved against their own will.
We claim to be a Christian nation, but have not the charity as mentioned in the Bible. Let us treat them as we would like to be treated ourselves. Do we still believe in the words on the Statue of Liberty?
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense Secretary Leon...
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- John Hoffmire: What's the next step in the...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the campaign...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 142
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 49
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- Charles Krauthammer: We need to... 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25