Today we celebrate the birth of the United States, while the Senate has passed an immigration reform bill and the House is working on their own version.
Well our nation was founded by Illegal aliens. Did the pilgrims in Plymouth Bay and the settlers in Jamestown get permission to come here? What about the Dutch in New York and New Jersey, The Spanish in St. Augustine Florida or the French in Louisiana or any other European nation settling here?
Instead we repeatedly fought them and sent them to live on reservations. Even the Cherokee who had a written language and were farmers were moved against their own will.
We claim to be a Christian nation, but have not the charity as mentioned in the Bible. Let us treat them as we would like to be treated ourselves. Do we still believe in the words on the Statue of Liberty?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36