Today we celebrate the birth of the United States, while the Senate has passed an immigration reform bill and the House is working on their own version.
Well our nation was founded by Illegal aliens. Did the pilgrims in Plymouth Bay and the settlers in Jamestown get permission to come here? What about the Dutch in New York and New Jersey, The Spanish in St. Augustine Florida or the French in Louisiana or any other European nation settling here?
Instead we repeatedly fought them and sent them to live on reservations. Even the Cherokee who had a written language and were farmers were moved against their own will.
We claim to be a Christian nation, but have not the charity as mentioned in the Bible. Let us treat them as we would like to be treated ourselves. Do we still believe in the words on the Statue of Liberty?
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- In our opinion: Utah is not a swing state and...
- Michael Gerson: Why the theological...
- M. Zuhdi Jasser: The fifth commandment is...
- Letter: Plenty of danger in e-cigarettes
- Jay Evensen: In predicting the future, we...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Letter: Right and wrong 97
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 69
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 54
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 40
- In our opinion: Western land standoff... 38
- John Hoffmire: Why shouldn’t... 29
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28