Today we celebrate the birth of the United States, while the Senate has passed an immigration reform bill and the House is working on their own version.
Well our nation was founded by Illegal aliens. Did the pilgrims in Plymouth Bay and the settlers in Jamestown get permission to come here? What about the Dutch in New York and New Jersey, The Spanish in St. Augustine Florida or the French in Louisiana or any other European nation settling here?
Instead we repeatedly fought them and sent them to live on reservations. Even the Cherokee who had a written language and were farmers were moved against their own will.
We claim to be a Christian nation, but have not the charity as mentioned in the Bible. Let us treat them as we would like to be treated ourselves. Do we still believe in the words on the Statue of Liberty?
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core just...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 31
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28