Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — The Bees could not hold an early lead, as the Reno Aces came back for a 9-3 win over Salt Lake on Tuesday night.
Salt Lake grabbed a 2-0 lead in the first on a run-scoring ground out by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Luis Rodriguez, but Reno came back to score six runs in the second to take control of the game.
After Josh Wilson tied the game with a two-run homer, Tuffy Gosewisch, Tyler Bortnick and Brad Snyder delivered back-to-back-back doubles to take a 4-2 lead.
Chris Owings and Mike Jacobs added RBI singles to cap off the inning.
Navarro led off the fourth with his sixth home run of the season, but Reno answered with three runs in the bottom of the fourth to put the game away.
A.J. Schugel (4-6) took the loss, as he went just three and one-third innings and allowed all nine runs on 10 hits with four strikeouts and one walk.
The Bees' bullpen of Jeremy Berg, Buddy Boshers and Daniel Stange combined to throw 42?3 scoreless innings.
Navarro led the Bees with three hits, as he stretched his hitting streak to 10 games, and one run batted in, but Kole Calhoun went 0-for-4 to snap his 11-game streak.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22