Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — The Bees could not hold an early lead, as the Reno Aces came back for a 9-3 win over Salt Lake on Tuesday night.
Salt Lake grabbed a 2-0 lead in the first on a run-scoring ground out by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Luis Rodriguez, but Reno came back to score six runs in the second to take control of the game.
After Josh Wilson tied the game with a two-run homer, Tuffy Gosewisch, Tyler Bortnick and Brad Snyder delivered back-to-back-back doubles to take a 4-2 lead.
Chris Owings and Mike Jacobs added RBI singles to cap off the inning.
Navarro led off the fourth with his sixth home run of the season, but Reno answered with three runs in the bottom of the fourth to put the game away.
A.J. Schugel (4-6) took the loss, as he went just three and one-third innings and allowed all nine runs on 10 hits with four strikeouts and one walk.
The Bees' bullpen of Jeremy Berg, Buddy Boshers and Daniel Stange combined to throw 42?3 scoreless innings.
Navarro led the Bees with three hits, as he stretched his hitting streak to 10 games, and one run batted in, but Kole Calhoun went 0-for-4 to snap his 11-game streak.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Plenty of blame to go around for Cougars...
- Utah-USC: Battle of ranked teams at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz wrap up preseason play at 5-3...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco...
- BYU football report card: Boise State's big...
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 113
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 61
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18
- BYU walk-on Carter makes most of... 18