Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — The Bees could not hold an early lead, as the Reno Aces came back for a 9-3 win over Salt Lake on Tuesday night.
Salt Lake grabbed a 2-0 lead in the first on a run-scoring ground out by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Luis Rodriguez, but Reno came back to score six runs in the second to take control of the game.
After Josh Wilson tied the game with a two-run homer, Tuffy Gosewisch, Tyler Bortnick and Brad Snyder delivered back-to-back-back doubles to take a 4-2 lead.
Chris Owings and Mike Jacobs added RBI singles to cap off the inning.
Navarro led off the fourth with his sixth home run of the season, but Reno answered with three runs in the bottom of the fourth to put the game away.
A.J. Schugel (4-6) took the loss, as he went just three and one-third innings and allowed all nine runs on 10 hits with four strikeouts and one walk.
The Bees' bullpen of Jeremy Berg, Buddy Boshers and Daniel Stange combined to throw 42?3 scoreless innings.
Navarro led the Bees with three hits, as he stretched his hitting streak to 10 games, and one run batted in, but Kole Calhoun went 0-for-4 to snap his 11-game streak.
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- Aggie linebackers stick together in third...
- 2016 NFL draft: Southern Utah's Miles...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 22
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 20
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 17
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 12