Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
RENO, Nev. — The Bees could not hold an early lead, as the Reno Aces came back for a 9-3 win over Salt Lake on Tuesday night.
Salt Lake grabbed a 2-0 lead in the first on a run-scoring ground out by Efren Navarro and an RBI double by Luis Rodriguez, but Reno came back to score six runs in the second to take control of the game.
After Josh Wilson tied the game with a two-run homer, Tuffy Gosewisch, Tyler Bortnick and Brad Snyder delivered back-to-back-back doubles to take a 4-2 lead.
Chris Owings and Mike Jacobs added RBI singles to cap off the inning.
Navarro led off the fourth with his sixth home run of the season, but Reno answered with three runs in the bottom of the fourth to put the game away.
A.J. Schugel (4-6) took the loss, as he went just three and one-third innings and allowed all nine runs on 10 hits with four strikeouts and one walk.
The Bees' bullpen of Jeremy Berg, Buddy Boshers and Daniel Stange combined to throw 42?3 scoreless innings.
Navarro led the Bees with three hits, as he stretched his hitting streak to 10 games, and one run batted in, but Kole Calhoun went 0-for-4 to snap his 11-game streak.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 67
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 42
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 17
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14