David Zalubowski, Associated Press
DENVER — Madison Bumgarner scattered four hits over seven innings, Hunter Pence hit a two-run homer and the San Francisco Giants ended their longest losing streak in three years with a 5-2 victory over the Colorado Rockies on Sunday.
San Francisco had lost six straight, its longest skid since dropping seven in a row from June 26-July 1, 2010. The World Series champions had dropped seven straight road games.
Bumgarner (8-5) struck out five and walked three, improving to 4-1 with a 2.18 ERA in his last five starts. Sergio Romo pitched a one-hit ninth for his 19th save in 21 chances.
Buster Posey put the Giants ahead with a solo homer in the third.
Colorado's Michael Cuddyer singled in the eighth off Sandy Rosario, extending his hitting streak to 27 games. The streak is the longest in Rockies history and in the majors this season. He has reached base safely in a franchise-record 45 straight games.
Drew Pomeranz (0-1), making his 2013 big league debut after being recalled from Triple A Colorado Springs, allowed four runs, seven hits and four walks in 4 1-3 innings.
San Francisco extended its lead to 4-0 in the fifth on a run-scoring throwing error by first baseman Jordan Pacheco on Posey's grounder and Pence's 13th homer.
Carlos Gonzalez hit his 22nd homer of the season in the sixth.
NOTES: The Giants avoided what would have been their fifth series sweep. ... San Francisco RHP Chad Gaudin (bruised right elbow) threw a bullpen session Saturday, and Giants manager Bruce Bochy said he will be ready to be activated from the DL when he is eligible on July 6. ... 3B Nolan Arenado was limping after being hit in the left ankle by Bumgarner in the sixth but remained in the game. ... Dexter Fowler missed his fifth straight game with a sore right hand. Colorado manager Walt Weiss said Fowler showed improvement and could be ready Tuesday.
- Roger Federer pulls out of French Open
- Pacquiao's Senate victory brings him closer...
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 49
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 36
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 29
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 19
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Morning links: Bronco Mendenhall and... 15
- Utah State forward Jalen Moore removes... 7
- Doug Robinson: Principals give era of... 6