Several educators have written op-eds lately defending Common Core math. It is difficult to defend the indefensible. Starting algebra in the 9th grade is not an improvement, but ludicrous. Implementing a program without providing textbooks or learning materials to students is negligence. Using current students as guinea pigs while they work the kinks out of the system and give teachers a few years to get better at teaching it is criminal.
Yes, I am angry. And so is every parent (as well as more than few teachers) who has had to watch a son or daughter endure day after day of being confused and lost in math class without the means or materials to help them do anything about it.
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 95
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 38
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 25
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21