Several educators have written op-eds lately defending Common Core math. It is difficult to defend the indefensible. Starting algebra in the 9th grade is not an improvement, but ludicrous. Implementing a program without providing textbooks or learning materials to students is negligence. Using current students as guinea pigs while they work the kinks out of the system and give teachers a few years to get better at teaching it is criminal.
Yes, I am angry. And so is every parent (as well as more than few teachers) who has had to watch a son or daughter endure day after day of being confused and lost in math class without the means or materials to help them do anything about it.
- In our opinion: Democracy and political...
- Doug Robinson: Dinsmore has made his mark on...
- Jeff Singer: From doctors to bureaucrats: A...
- Letter: No sportsmanship, no class
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Legislative...
- Letter: Hive Pass prices unfair
- Charles Krauthammer: Serious foreign policy,...
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance...
- Letter: Invite the divine 37
- Mike Lee: It will be our ideas that win... 36
- Jay Evensen: Obama's comedy appearance... 35
- Letter: Putin's invasion 24
- Richard Davis: Russia should be stopped... 21
- Letter: Democracy is ... 19
- George F. Will: Squandered potential:... 19
- Will November be a referendum on... 17