Several educators have written op-eds lately defending Common Core math. It is difficult to defend the indefensible. Starting algebra in the 9th grade is not an improvement, but ludicrous. Implementing a program without providing textbooks or learning materials to students is negligence. Using current students as guinea pigs while they work the kinks out of the system and give teachers a few years to get better at teaching it is criminal.
Yes, I am angry. And so is every parent (as well as more than few teachers) who has had to watch a son or daughter endure day after day of being confused and lost in math class without the means or materials to help them do anything about it.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23