The article by Ron Pollack is misleading ("Utah will miss out on ACA benefits", June 25). Those who trumpet the benefits of Obamacare without revealing the costs are being deceptive. Obamacare is going to be very, very expensive. Even those who are subsidized have to get the money from somewhere (taxpayers) and they will require the assistance of "navigators, assisters" who are not just kind hearted volunteers but federal workers making a very good salary. Who is going to pay for this? Those who are not subsidized will see their premiums skyrocket.
When Pollack indicates that we will get the money from the federal government, I wonder if he knows where the government gets the money. The truth is that about half of it comes from taxpayers and the other half is borrowed (mainly from China). The government cannot afford to spend more money. We are maxed out. The cost of Obamacare is only going to add to our deficit which is already out of control. We cannot afford Obamacare.
Blaine R. McCann
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- My view: Online purchases are not tax-free
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- In our opinion: National security and... 31
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 23
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 12