The article by Ron Pollack is misleading ("Utah will miss out on ACA benefits", June 25). Those who trumpet the benefits of Obamacare without revealing the costs are being deceptive. Obamacare is going to be very, very expensive. Even those who are subsidized have to get the money from somewhere (taxpayers) and they will require the assistance of "navigators, assisters" who are not just kind hearted volunteers but federal workers making a very good salary. Who is going to pay for this? Those who are not subsidized will see their premiums skyrocket.
When Pollack indicates that we will get the money from the federal government, I wonder if he knows where the government gets the money. The truth is that about half of it comes from taxpayers and the other half is borrowed (mainly from China). The government cannot afford to spend more money. We are maxed out. The cost of Obamacare is only going to add to our deficit which is already out of control. We cannot afford Obamacare.
Blaine R. McCann
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 34
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30