The article by Ron Pollack is misleading ("Utah will miss out on ACA benefits", June 25). Those who trumpet the benefits of Obamacare without revealing the costs are being deceptive. Obamacare is going to be very, very expensive. Even those who are subsidized have to get the money from somewhere (taxpayers) and they will require the assistance of "navigators, assisters" who are not just kind hearted volunteers but federal workers making a very good salary. Who is going to pay for this? Those who are not subsidized will see their premiums skyrocket.
When Pollack indicates that we will get the money from the federal government, I wonder if he knows where the government gets the money. The truth is that about half of it comes from taxpayers and the other half is borrowed (mainly from China). The government cannot afford to spend more money. We are maxed out. The cost of Obamacare is only going to add to our deficit which is already out of control. We cannot afford Obamacare.
Blaine R. McCann
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 75
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 40
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32