The article by Ron Pollack is misleading ("Utah will miss out on ACA benefits", June 25). Those who trumpet the benefits of Obamacare without revealing the costs are being deceptive. Obamacare is going to be very, very expensive. Even those who are subsidized have to get the money from somewhere (taxpayers) and they will require the assistance of "navigators, assisters" who are not just kind hearted volunteers but federal workers making a very good salary. Who is going to pay for this? Those who are not subsidized will see their premiums skyrocket.
When Pollack indicates that we will get the money from the federal government, I wonder if he knows where the government gets the money. The truth is that about half of it comes from taxpayers and the other half is borrowed (mainly from China). The government cannot afford to spend more money. We are maxed out. The cost of Obamacare is only going to add to our deficit which is already out of control. We cannot afford Obamacare.
Blaine R. McCann
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of measuring...
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- In our opinion: Federal Reserve Bank faces...
- Letter: Just one breadwinner
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of... 37
- Letter: Next president? 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 34
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28