LAS VEGAS — The Salt Lake Bees scored six runs in the ninth inning to break a 4-4 tie on Tuesday night and earn a split of the four-game series.
The Bees scored the rest of their runs in the third inning.
Efren Navarro led the Bees with three RBIs on a 3-for-4 outing.
Daniel Stange (2-0) went two innings for the win.
Salt Lake and Las Vegas combined for 26 hits.
Roberto Lopez hit a pinch-hit three-run home run during the ninth inning.
Matt Young, who Lopez pinch-hit for in the ninth, had a hit and two RBIs.
The Bees have Wednesday off before playing at Fresno on Thursday night.
OGDEN — Austin Cowen had three hits to lead the Ogden Raptors to a 7-6 win in the opener of a doubleheader against Idaho Falls on Tuesday. The Raptors won the nightcap 5-3 after scoring three runs in the fourth inning.
ROCKIES 10, OWLZ 7: At Orem, the Owlz committed three errors in the loss.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 133
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 55
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 39
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 36
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 27
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 25
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under... 18