LAS VEGAS — The Salt Lake Bees scored six runs in the ninth inning to break a 4-4 tie on Tuesday night and earn a split of the four-game series.
The Bees scored the rest of their runs in the third inning.
Efren Navarro led the Bees with three RBIs on a 3-for-4 outing.
Daniel Stange (2-0) went two innings for the win.
Salt Lake and Las Vegas combined for 26 hits.
Roberto Lopez hit a pinch-hit three-run home run during the ninth inning.
Matt Young, who Lopez pinch-hit for in the ninth, had a hit and two RBIs.
The Bees have Wednesday off before playing at Fresno on Thursday night.
OGDEN — Austin Cowen had three hits to lead the Ogden Raptors to a 7-6 win in the opener of a doubleheader against Idaho Falls on Tuesday. The Raptors won the nightcap 5-3 after scoring three runs in the fourth inning.
ROCKIES 10, OWLZ 7: At Orem, the Owlz committed three errors in the loss.
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- Dick Harmon: College predictions: Utes to...
- Flaming spears, furry mascots and drum lines:...
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 76
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 69
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 28
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 27