LAS VEGAS — The Salt Lake Bees scored six runs in the ninth inning to break a 4-4 tie on Tuesday night and earn a split of the four-game series.
The Bees scored the rest of their runs in the third inning.
Efren Navarro led the Bees with three RBIs on a 3-for-4 outing.
Daniel Stange (2-0) went two innings for the win.
Salt Lake and Las Vegas combined for 26 hits.
Roberto Lopez hit a pinch-hit three-run home run during the ninth inning.
Matt Young, who Lopez pinch-hit for in the ninth, had a hit and two RBIs.
The Bees have Wednesday off before playing at Fresno on Thursday night.
OGDEN — Austin Cowen had three hits to lead the Ogden Raptors to a 7-6 win in the opener of a doubleheader against Idaho Falls on Tuesday. The Raptors won the nightcap 5-3 after scoring three runs in the fourth inning.
ROCKIES 10, OWLZ 7: At Orem, the Owlz committed three errors in the loss.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU basketball star Alan...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- U. student government passes resolution... 57
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 40
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19