Rep. Nancy Pelosi famously stated we have to pass Obamacare to know what's in it. Here we go again with a 1200 page immigration bill. Most sensible citizens of our country have a better idea. How about finding out what's in a proposed law before you vote on it?
I would propose a requirement, enforceable by law, if necessary, that all lawmakers read every word of a proposed law before they are allowed to vote on it. I would further require them to pass a basic comprehension test to see if they understand the key points. Not read, not understood, can't vote. Those lawmakers who can't read would be allowed to have someone read to them, explaining the big words as they go along.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- My view: History reveals some correct beliefs...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Letter: Next president?
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27