Rep. Nancy Pelosi famously stated we have to pass Obamacare to know what's in it. Here we go again with a 1200 page immigration bill. Most sensible citizens of our country have a better idea. How about finding out what's in a proposed law before you vote on it?
I would propose a requirement, enforceable by law, if necessary, that all lawmakers read every word of a proposed law before they are allowed to vote on it. I would further require them to pass a basic comprehension test to see if they understand the key points. Not read, not understood, can't vote. Those lawmakers who can't read would be allowed to have someone read to them, explaining the big words as they go along.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 109
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 52
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 46
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33