Rep. Nancy Pelosi famously stated we have to pass Obamacare to know what's in it. Here we go again with a 1200 page immigration bill. Most sensible citizens of our country have a better idea. How about finding out what's in a proposed law before you vote on it?
I would propose a requirement, enforceable by law, if necessary, that all lawmakers read every word of a proposed law before they are allowed to vote on it. I would further require them to pass a basic comprehension test to see if they understand the key points. Not read, not understood, can't vote. Those lawmakers who can't read would be allowed to have someone read to them, explaining the big words as they go along.
- In our opinion: The breach between mass...
- David Blankenhorn: Overcoming the blindness...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second...
- Drew Clark: Deeply felt religious faith, of...
- Letter: Excess political science
- Letter: 'Kate's Law'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Speaker of...
- My view: Misinterpretation of Second... 88
- In our opinion: The breach between mass... 54
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum... 51
- Letter: Greater security 51
- Letter: Our French Revolution 30
- Letter: Excess political science 30
- In our opinion: Suspended Alaskan oil... 26
- Letter: Kill off expansion 25