I sympathize with Andrea Anderson and her attempted kitten adoption ("Animal abuse?" June 24). I too adopted a kitten from this shelter. We took it to one of the vets they recommended and it had distemper and had to be put down. When I went back to the shelter they gave me another kitten which also died within 24 hours. The vet told us that this was common for kittens from West Valley Shelter and that their kittens had the worst health of any shelter in the valley,
Lars W. Smith
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 60
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30
- My view: What message does Melania's... 29