Valerie ElHalta, the midwife recently charged with negligent homicide, is a gifted, competent and conscientious midwife whose whole purpose is to give babies a beautiful start to life and their parents a joyous, empowering experience ("Unlicensed midwife charged in death of Moab newborn," June 19). I have been a grateful witness of her care and skills at the births of some of our grandchildren. There is more to this story. I hope we get to hear the full truth.
Salt Lake City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 34
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30