Valerie ElHalta, the midwife recently charged with negligent homicide, is a gifted, competent and conscientious midwife whose whole purpose is to give babies a beautiful start to life and their parents a joyous, empowering experience ("Unlicensed midwife charged in death of Moab newborn," June 19). I have been a grateful witness of her care and skills at the births of some of our grandchildren. There is more to this story. I hope we get to hear the full truth.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25