Valerie ElHalta, the midwife recently charged with negligent homicide, is a gifted, competent and conscientious midwife whose whole purpose is to give babies a beautiful start to life and their parents a joyous, empowering experience ("Unlicensed midwife charged in death of Moab newborn," June 19). I have been a grateful witness of her care and skills at the births of some of our grandchildren. There is more to this story. I hope we get to hear the full truth.
Salt Lake City
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 21
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19