Valerie ElHalta, the midwife recently charged with negligent homicide, is a gifted, competent and conscientious midwife whose whole purpose is to give babies a beautiful start to life and their parents a joyous, empowering experience ("Unlicensed midwife charged in death of Moab newborn," June 19). I have been a grateful witness of her care and skills at the births of some of our grandchildren. There is more to this story. I hope we get to hear the full truth.
Salt Lake City
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- On second thought
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- About Utah: He's a fair fixture
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- In our opinion: UTA accountability
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 54
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 32
- Americans are changing their tune on... 28
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 25
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24