Valerie ElHalta, the midwife recently charged with negligent homicide, is a gifted, competent and conscientious midwife whose whole purpose is to give babies a beautiful start to life and their parents a joyous, empowering experience ("Unlicensed midwife charged in death of Moab newborn," June 19). I have been a grateful witness of her care and skills at the births of some of our grandchildren. There is more to this story. I hope we get to hear the full truth.
Salt Lake City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 36
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 27
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 23
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 19