I'd like to make a comment, you know, I mean, kind of, like, that is to say, sort of. What is happening to our appreciation for the many modes of expression in American English? Even the most erudite among our newspeople, politicians, commentators and presidents are filling the airwaves with these meaningless interjections. Are we guilty in this information age of talking more than we're thinking?
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 51
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 27