I'd like to make a comment, you know, I mean, kind of, like, that is to say, sort of. What is happening to our appreciation for the many modes of expression in American English? Even the most erudite among our newspeople, politicians, commentators and presidents are filling the airwaves with these meaningless interjections. Are we guilty in this information age of talking more than we're thinking?
Salt Lake City
- Which states are best for tax payers?
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the thin...
- Jay Evensen: No more rent for inmates —...
- In our opinion: Western land standoff aside,...
- Letter: Right and wrong
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform should...
- Lois M. Collins: Ukraine hoax fuels anger,...
- Letter: Science consensus is slow, methodical
- Letter: Right and wrong 85
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 64
- Letter: Science consensus is slow,... 47
- Letter: Amnesty for who? 43
- In our opinion: Confronted by power,... 39
- In our opinion: Dramatic transformation... 28
- Letter: Republican empathy too rare 28