I'd like to make a comment, you know, I mean, kind of, like, that is to say, sort of. What is happening to our appreciation for the many modes of expression in American English? Even the most erudite among our newspeople, politicians, commentators and presidents are filling the airwaves with these meaningless interjections. Are we guilty in this information age of talking more than we're thinking?
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 45
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 17