Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Since Attorney General John Swallow is being investigated by various law enforcement agencies, why not let them finish their work before looking for the oak tree? The only difference between the vigilantes of the old West and today's vigilantes is instead of a rope they use signs and the media. When the authorities finish their investigation and if they find wrongdoing by Swallow, then you can get your rope and find the nearest tree. It used to be "innocent until proven guilty." Now, it's the other way around.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 37
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36