Today we have a presidential administration with a ton more illegal and questionable acts of poor judgment, and I believe, criminal activities, than the Nixon administration. The Benghazi attacks on our ambassador, the IRS scandal that now appears to go right to the White House and the "Fast and Furious" gun running that have Attorney General Eric Holders' name all over it. And how about the seizure of the phone records and the persecution of the news reporter at Fox?
Has the "news" gathering and reporting degenerated so much that we now accept these sorts of things in our government as the norm? I really believe the government officials involved in these "scandals" should be held responsible. They won't police themselves. Investigative journalists have done it in the past. I believe it's time they did it again.
Fred T. Hansgen
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 18
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14