I enjoy the Internet and the many advantages it gives us, and it would be very hard to live without it, but as we become more addicted to the instant information and flashing ads it brings us, it can be easy to forget the importance of just reading. I believe sometimes it's important for us to take a step back and slow down.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy reading the newspaper so much offline, for while in this day, living without the Internet is no longer a choice, we can still choose to slow down and consume a lengthy article. I am thankful we still have a paper to read leisurely when everything else moves fast.
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- This year's most popular editorials
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 23
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 21