I enjoy the Internet and the many advantages it gives us, and it would be very hard to live without it, but as we become more addicted to the instant information and flashing ads it brings us, it can be easy to forget the importance of just reading. I believe sometimes it's important for us to take a step back and slow down.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy reading the newspaper so much offline, for while in this day, living without the Internet is no longer a choice, we can still choose to slow down and consume a lengthy article. I am thankful we still have a paper to read leisurely when everything else moves fast.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- On second thought
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 48
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 46
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 39
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own... 28
- Americans are changing their tune on... 27
- In our opinion: Par for the president 24
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap?... 24