I enjoy the Internet and the many advantages it gives us, and it would be very hard to live without it, but as we become more addicted to the instant information and flashing ads it brings us, it can be easy to forget the importance of just reading. I believe sometimes it's important for us to take a step back and slow down.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy reading the newspaper so much offline, for while in this day, living without the Internet is no longer a choice, we can still choose to slow down and consume a lengthy article. I am thankful we still have a paper to read leisurely when everything else moves fast.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 55
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 29
- My view: What message does Melania's... 25