I enjoy the Internet and the many advantages it gives us, and it would be very hard to live without it, but as we become more addicted to the instant information and flashing ads it brings us, it can be easy to forget the importance of just reading. I believe sometimes it's important for us to take a step back and slow down.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy reading the newspaper so much offline, for while in this day, living without the Internet is no longer a choice, we can still choose to slow down and consume a lengthy article. I am thankful we still have a paper to read leisurely when everything else moves fast.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Income tax has become a...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 52
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 29
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 29
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 27