I enjoy the Internet and the many advantages it gives us, and it would be very hard to live without it, but as we become more addicted to the instant information and flashing ads it brings us, it can be easy to forget the importance of just reading. I believe sometimes it's important for us to take a step back and slow down.
That's one of the reasons I enjoy reading the newspaper so much offline, for while in this day, living without the Internet is no longer a choice, we can still choose to slow down and consume a lengthy article. I am thankful we still have a paper to read leisurely when everything else moves fast.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- In our opinion: Utah looks to break cycle of...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 104
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 29