The Sun Chronicle, Mark Stockwell, Associated Press
MIAMI — New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is being sued in South Florida by a man claiming Hernandez shot him in the face after an argument at a strip club.
The lawsuit filed late Wednesday by Alexander Bradley comes as police in New England investigate Hernandez's possible connection to the death of 27-year-old semi-pro player Odin Lloyd.
Bradley claims in the lawsuit he and Hernandez were with a group in February at Tootsie's club in Miami when the two got into an argument. Later, as they were driving to Palm Beach County, Bradley claims Hernandez shot him with a handgun, causing him to lose his right eye.
Bradley did not mention Hernandez in a police report at the time. Hernandez's lawyer did not immediately respond Thursday to an email seeking comment.
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 21
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 21
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13