The Sun Chronicle, Mark Stockwell, Associated Press
MIAMI — New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is being sued in South Florida by a man claiming Hernandez shot him in the face after an argument at a strip club.
The lawsuit filed late Wednesday by Alexander Bradley comes as police in New England investigate Hernandez's possible connection to the death of 27-year-old semi-pro player Odin Lloyd.
Bradley claims in the lawsuit he and Hernandez were with a group in February at Tootsie's club in Miami when the two got into an argument. Later, as they were driving to Palm Beach County, Bradley claims Hernandez shot him with a handgun, causing him to lose his right eye.
Bradley did not mention Hernandez in a police report at the time. Hernandez's lawyer did not immediately respond Thursday to an email seeking comment.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12