James spent the eve before what he called, possibly, the biggest game of his career, with his family and friends. His old high school buddies are in town.
He joked about watching SpongeBob SquarePants with his kids the night before the game. But his mind never truly left the arena after Game 6.
He scored 18 points in the fourth quarter and overtime after the Heat trailed by 10 points to begin the final period of regulation.
“I want to go down as one of the greatest,” James said. “I want our team to go down as one of the greatest teams.
“And we have an opportunity to do that.”
Down to the wire
The Heat hasn’t won back-to-back games since Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals. That’s no longer a trend to worry about, says Dwyane Wade, who predicted Wednesday that Game 7 “will be to the very last second.
“The reason this series hasn’t had a lot of consistency in the sense of teams winning two games in a row is because there are two good teams,” Wade said. “Two great coaches, coaching staffs, and credit to everyone in this series for that.
“So I think — I know that (Game 7) will go down as one of the best final games that’s been seen. But I think this series will go down as being one of the most competitive, bizarre series that’s been seen.
“So this is what you pay for to watch. You pay to watch two great teams battle to the very, very end, and that’s what we’ll do.”
©2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
PHOTOS (from MCT Photo Service, 202-383-6099):
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Stafford throws 5 TDs, BYU alum Ansah picks...
- Doug Robinson: Colorado-Utah: In the finale...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 58
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 50
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 28
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 27