Sen. Orrin Hatch seems to have bought into the ludicrous assertion by business interests and Democrats that low wages equal good economics. This is wrong.
For starters, impoverishing your customer base is not good for business. Deliberately trying to lower wages, which is what "immigration reform" is really all about, is political suicide and socially insane.
Douglas M. Forbes
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- This year's most popular editorials
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report didn't...
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- Letter: Condoning torture
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 65
- In our opinion: Flawed torture report... 54
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- Letter: Condoning torture 41
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 27
- Robert Bennett: Lesson for Cruz —... 27