Sen. Orrin Hatch seems to have bought into the ludicrous assertion by business interests and Democrats that low wages equal good economics. This is wrong.
For starters, impoverishing your customer base is not good for business. Deliberately trying to lower wages, which is what "immigration reform" is really all about, is political suicide and socially insane.
Douglas M. Forbes
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Paul Ryan's promising...
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Perceptions of Obama and his policies at home...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Utah's Constitution requires state...
- Involve Utahns in national monument designations
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 115
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 50
- Capitalism and the common good:... 41
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 39
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the... 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36