Sen. Orrin Hatch seems to have bought into the ludicrous assertion by business interests and Democrats that low wages equal good economics. This is wrong.
For starters, impoverishing your customer base is not good for business. Deliberately trying to lower wages, which is what "immigration reform" is really all about, is political suicide and socially insane.
Douglas M. Forbes
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- My view: They run toward danger
- In our opinion: Internet sales tax should...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- In our opinion: National security and... 69
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 47
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 19
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13