Sen. Orrin Hatch seems to have bought into the ludicrous assertion by business interests and Democrats that low wages equal good economics. This is wrong.
For starters, impoverishing your customer base is not good for business. Deliberately trying to lower wages, which is what "immigration reform" is really all about, is political suicide and socially insane.
Douglas M. Forbes
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28