Sen. Orrin Hatch seems to have bought into the ludicrous assertion by business interests and Democrats that low wages equal good economics. This is wrong.
For starters, impoverishing your customer base is not good for business. Deliberately trying to lower wages, which is what "immigration reform" is really all about, is political suicide and socially insane.
Douglas M. Forbes
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 33
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 29
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27